How to integrate with Shopify
How it works?
The Shopify integration links your store and selected products with the Merchful platform automatically; which means once you receive an order on your store, it will be forwarded to us directly and once we accept the order we will print, pack, ship it to your customer, noting that the customer wouldn’t know that it came from us.
What needs to be done before setting-up the Shopify integration?
You need to prepare a few steps before setting-up the integration as below:
1. Finalize your list of products and designs. Once invited to use our services, you will be provided with login details for the Merchful site and a Products creation sheet where you can add your products. If you already have products set up on Shopify, you can share an export of that with us to set up your products on our system
2. Send us your design files in the correct folder structure as specified by your Merchful representative at the time of setting up your products sheet
3. Update your Shopify products with the Final SKU generated by our product creation sheet
Once that is done, here are the steps to integrate with the Merchful app
- Login to your store platform on Shopify
- Install the Merchful application on your Shopify store (the install link will be provided by your Merchful representative)
- Ensure all of your Shopify products are updated with the ‘Final SKU’ from the Merchful Product Creation Sheet (if not done already)
- Open the Merchful app from your Shopify Admin Apps section
- Goto “Products” and click “Add Product”. You can also click “Add Product” right from the Dashboard
- Select all the products you want to add for POD & Fulfillment by Merchful, and click Add on the top
- Merchful will now review all submitted products to ensure the details and SKUs match the Product Creation sheet (this takes approximately 1-2 working days at most)
- Once the products are approved they are marked ‘Active’. Once a product is active, any orders you receive for that product will be received by Merchful for fulfillment
– In-case the submitted product was not approved, we will be in touch with the reason. In most cases this is because of an incorrect SKU or incorrect product variants such as color/sizes
– If you prefer to manually send orders to Merchful for fulfillment each time, you can disable ‘Auto-fulfillment’ in the Settings tab on the Merchful app. In this case, you would need to click the ‘Send for fulfillment’ icon for each order in the Merchful App Orders page that you’d like us to process
How can I pay for orders from Shopify?
We always advise our clients to have sufficient balance on their Merchful wallet (which is managed here at www.merchful.me) for any received orders (Learn more about topping-up your wallet) to avoid any delays in processing.
In case you don’t have sufficient balance in your wallet you will receive a notification from our system within 1 working day. Your order will be placed on the Merchful system as Pending Payment or On Hold. Upon adding funds to your wallet or directly paying for the outstanding order, we will then count that as the order date and processing will begin from then.
Can I make any edits to the order submitted?
Can I edit the linked products?
No, once a product is linked, any edits will not be sync’ed to your added products on Merchful. If you would like to edit any linked products, you would need to unlink/delete the product on the Merchful app within your Shopify admin, and re-submit it for approval. This is only required if the edits involve a change in the product SKU, product design/mockup or the color/size variants available.
How can I cancel an order from Shopify?
You can only cancel orders that are not yet ‘In Process’. You can cancel orders by following the below steps:
- In the Merchful app, click on the Orders tab
- Check the status of the order you would like to cancel:
A) If the cancel button is active > Simply click to cancel the order
B) If the cancel button is dimmed > Please check this article for further info.